The Anchorage at Bullo Pill, Newnham , Gloucestershire provides an adults only, (16+) central base for access to the many visitor attractions and natural wonders which the area has to offer. Our toilet and shower block provides free hot water and dish washing facilities. For those requiring use of their creature comforts, 8 electric hook-ups are available together with free site Wi-Fi. New for 2021 is our converted railway wagon “The FoDPod”, see our Glamping page for details.
A small number of apple, pear and plum trees, together with our free range chickens, provide for homemade jams, chutneys and fresh eggs to be available for sale to our visitors.
Our information point contains leaflets for a wide range of tourist attractions, together with a large scale map indicating their locations.
Situated near the banks of the River Severn, we are located opposite the south-western corner of the prominent Horseshoe Bend which dominates the local scenery from many viewpoints. The Severn Way footpath runs adjacent to the site and provides an excellent vantage point to view the world renowned Severn Bore, with access for surfers just a little way up river.
To the North:-
- Gloucester with its impressive cathedral and historic docks, is well worth a visit.
- Newent and the Malvern Hills
To the South:-
- Lydney provides a range of supermarkets, banks and local shops for all your needs.
- Chepstow the gateway to Wales and access to the Wye Valley AONB
To the East:-
- Across the river, the Slimbridge Wetland Centre is easily accessible from the M5.
- Further afield, the Cotswolds and Bourton-on-the-Water provide for an enjoyable day out.
To the West:-
- The Forest of Dean provides everything from fun filled family days out, to gentle woodland strolls and welcoming rural pubs and restaurants.